The 5 Keys
The children know this as a way of thinking; coming to school in a positive frame of mind knowing:
- They do ‘get along' with others
- They are 'organised' for school
- They have 'confidence' they will succeed
- Through 'persisting’ they will get things done
- And when they have things that go wrong, they are 'resilient' and know that it will improve.
Positive Behaviours for learning
Raise your hand to answer a difficult question Having a go Asking the teacher to explain something again if you don’t understand
Staying on task and not being distracted by others Have a go at difficult work rather than skipping Ask someone for help rather than giving up
Have everything ready before each lesson Get straight into your work so you can finish tasks on time Setting yourself goals
Take turns and listen to others when working Listen when someone else is talking Sharing ideas with everyone else and respecting the ideas from others
Not getting upset when you make a mistake Getting back on with the job after you make a mistake Stay calm when you don’t understand what the teacher is explaining
Our school's Vision:
To enastrongle all students to develop academic and social skills that promote successful attitudes and relationships that inspire them to create their own pathways to the future.
Magpie Primary School will provide a positive, inclusive and safe environment filled with rich learning experiences that foster a sense of strongelonging and self fulfillment.
Our Team Members
Compulsory School Uniform Description of Uniform
Basic Colours: Bottle Green and Black
- Bottle green windcheater, polar fleece, ‘hoody’ or zip jacket.
- All tops must display an approved logo.
- Black track pants or Black shorts or Black drill pants (no denim)
- Bottle green polo shirt with collar. Short or long sleeved with logo.
- Skivvy (bottle green) for terms 2 & 3 only
- Green and white check dress with black ‘lycra-style’ sports shorts
- White, black or green. Ankle or short length.
- Black leather shoes, sandals or black runners.
- Runners for sport. (black leather sandals must have enclosed toe and sides)
- White tee shirt or polo shirt with logo.
- Black bottom (shorts are highly recommended)
- Black ‘spicer-style’ rain jacket
- Bottle green wide brimmed school hat with logo (terms 1 & 4)
- Bottle green school ‘bucket’ style with logo
- Black or bottle green school beanie (optional).
- Terms 2 & 3 only.
- Green, black or white head bands or hair ties or ribbons.
Our teachers develop age-appropriate activities that introduce and strengthen academic and social skills in line with the Victorian Essential Learning Standards set out by the Department of Education. A low student to teacher ratio ensures students receive additional one on one support.
We believe that our core focus is Literacy and Numeracy, however we also value our other specialist subjects. We run a two hour Literacy block every morning followed by a Numeracy block before lunch this allows us to dedicate each afternoon to a specialist subjects such as Physical Education, Sport, Art and Play Based Learning Activities.
We strive to include enrichment activities that extend our students knowledge and understanding of the world outside the classroom. Each year, our older students are involved in the school camp program, the destination of which varies each year. Students are encouraged to participate in various other excursions to places of interest or performances. We also provide opportunities for students to participate in a school community projects such as performances and exhibitions on a biannual basis.
Above all else, Magpie Primary School staff and students value a safe and stimulating school environment where learning is the focus. We will lead children toward independence in how they implement their own learning plan and we expect all children to be positive, healthy and creative in their time at our school.